10.11_Research

 10th.Nov


I joined a research measuring the distance of Telegraph Hill due to simulating climbing Mont Blanc (4809 m).




Anna said that we have to climb up 72 times up and down the hill.

I feel this is interesting and we can gradually improve the accuracy of the simulation.


11th. Nov.


I researched the equipment for mountaineering. 

There are three ways to weigh the equipment.

-BASE WEIGHT: Weight of backpack with equipment excluding water, food, and fuel.

-PACK WEIGHT: The total weight of the backpack when you started the action.

-SKINOUT WEIGHT: Weight of all equipment except your own weight.


BASE WEIGHT is the most popular and there are definitions in it.

■SUB-ULTRA LIGHT…2~3kg

■ULTRA LIGHT…4~5kg

■LIGHT WEIGHT…8~9kg

■TRADITIONAL…16~20kg

http://mountain-hiking.blogspot.com/2013/09/blog-post_22.html


There was an article saying that 15kg is the best, but is this also applicable when climbing Mont Blanc?

https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/the-15lb-base-weight-gear-list-i1401


For the time being, tomorrow I will pack as much water as possible in my backpack and try climbing.


コメント